Thursday, October 06, 2005

NSW Championships

INTERESTING FACTS

• The top 3 finishers all got at least one win over me but it was very close in the end. With one loss I dropped from first to sixth but it was an enjoyable tournament.

• My most painful loss was to Rex Shakespeare. I was 50 points ahead and the board appeared virtually blocked with no bingo lanes. Rex then played SEEPING/ SERRING onto ERRING which fitted perfectly and won him the game. He also ended his long losing streak against me. Well done Rex.

• Graeme played ALENCONS in our first game, and TUYERES in our second which were the weirdest words played against me,

• Edward got beaten by Alistair Richards. hahahaha

STATISTICS
BLANK COUNT

Day 3

Blanks: 10
Bingos: 10

Day 2

Blanks: 10
Bingos: 13

Day 1

Blanks: 9
Bingos: 8

Total bingos: 31
Total blanks: 28
Average score: 380

Total phonies: 8
Total phonies challenged off: 7

Games likely lost because of strategic errors like not blocking or phonies: 6

Games lost because of bad tiles or lack of word knowledge: 4


BINGOS

DIAZOLES(challenged)
GUSTIER
FASTING
LAITIES
PRANCED
LONGERS
SWOONED
RINGERS
DEVOTED
RETIRES
RINSERS
SPOTTER
REUNITE
NARTJIES
ERRANDS
HUNTERS
STONIER
DELUDES
JINGLES
SEDGIEST(challenged)
GRASSIER
SEXIEST
REFUNDER - guessed (challenged)
SNORING
FLANGES
SPINIER
AREOLAS
DIPPIER - guessed (challenged)
RENTABLE - guessed (challenged)
HEADSET
LABIATES (challenged)


Game 17
VS Alison Pollard


My final rack of EDITOR? was handy but I had 7 minutes left to find the best play. As it happened there were four bingos which I missed. See if you can spot them. I lost the game 406 to 416.

Scores at this point: 359 to 399 in Alison’s favour.



Click for larger Image.

No comments:

Clicky Web Analytics